Thursday, April 2, 2009

Latest Projects - Photographer - Weird Etsy Stuff

Wow, haven't updated in a while! Let's see, what do I have going...

I'm midway through drafting a pattern for a button-down flared short skirt, which I'll be making with pink velour and matching silken fabric (the stuff I made the Poppy Wristies out of, as a matter of fact, so they'll be a matching set). I will probably also cut one for myself in denim and matching cotton, and maybe then replicate in other sizes/fabrics.

I couldn't resist the soft chocolate jersey fabric any longer, and embarked on a "creativity exercise" with it that turned into a really amazing halter wrap open-back dress. I love it so much that I can't let it go, but as soon as I identify which fabric I can replicate it in safely, there will be one or two in the shop as well. I also finished a ruffled vest-shaped top to layer, an airy tiered wrap skirt that will work for most sizes up to a 35 hip, a "special ed" vest with some mangled gold stars embroidered onto the collar, and some bits and bobbins for the arms and neck.

A lovely local photographer, Gabriel Cain, is helping me get on the ball about getting things photographed (and therefore posted on Etsy). Go check his stuff out! Unfortunately, my favorite model is currently on the other side of the country, and my other female friends are not very enthusiastic about modeling, so it looks like I'll be the one in front of the lens this time. I generally dislike having my photo taken, but I think I can sedate myself sufficiently to make this work!

Recent weird etsy find time!

Handlebar Moustache Pillow I love the little pocket on the back. It reminds me of the moustache my friend drew on himself to go to the Edwardian ball! Someone commented that all he needed was a girl to tie to some train tracks and he'd be in business.

Zipper Mug I've always wanted a zipper tattooed down my spine. This mug looks just the right size for morning tea.

Bacon Magnets I have a friend who owns a house full of nerds, and enforces a strict no-meat policy. This dismays me to no end, as there is generally bacon involved in my breakfast. If I got three for that price, I'd probably buy it on an impulsive day.

Knitted Easter Eggs My mother is horribly confused by things that are knitted that should not be, such as eggs, railing cozies, and most amigurumi.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for featuring my easter eggs! I love that handlebar mustache pillow. :)

    ReplyDelete